Featured Post

Death March EX

Translations for all side stories that were included in Vol EX of the light novel. Some of these were also uploaded to the author's blo...

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Original Curry

"That's the face of someone who is sick of curry, am I right?"
Arisa looks into my face with a wide grin.
"Yeah, I guess so."
Today marks the third day of the curry festival at the elf village. It's only natural that I would get tired of it by now.
"Then I have good news for you, Master!"
Arisa pauses as she waits for me to respond.
"What is it, Arisa?"
"We need to break the mold and make a new type of curry!"
"Oh?"
That's a fairly decent idea for her, so I motion for her to go on.
"Everyone, it's time to reveal the original curry we developed!"
Okay, this is starting to sound kinda sketchy now.
"The first batter is--"
"Pochi's original is meaty-meat curry nanodesu!"
Before Arisa could introduce her, Pochi interrupts and sticks out a huge curry plate in front of me.
It is a sweet hamburger steak curry, and as if that wasn't enough, there is a tower of meat placed on top of it.
"This looks pretty amazing."
"That's right nanodesu! It's super amazing nanodesu!"
Pochi waves her arms around to emphasize how good it is.
As she does that, the curry plate almost slips out of her hands, so I quickly prop it up.
"Pochi will feed nanodesu."
Without paying any heed to the almost fallen plate, Pochi takes up a spoonful and holds it out in front of me.
It has a huge clump of steak that's bulging out of the curry spoon.
It looks like it could spill out at any second, so I support it using [Magic Hand].
"Thanks, it's good."
"Nihehe~, nanodesu."
I eat Pochi's spoonful of curry and compliment her, then she starts spinning around happily.
At a side table, Arisa tastes the meaty-meat curry and whispers "not bad" to herself.
It looks like she stuffed too much into her mouth, since her cheeks are puffed up like a squirrel.
"Tama is next~?"
"It's shrimp curry?"
"Aye! Shrimp crab curry special~?"
It certainly looks special.
The giant Bolenan shrimp on top is as big as the entire plate.
It's hard to tell since everything is stained by curry sauce, but these brown chunks of meat must be the crab.
Those seem to be normally sized.
"How do I eat this?"
"Nyuu~? Crunchy crunchy~?"
I question Tama, but she just tilts her hand.
It seems like she doesn't really understand what I was asking.
Oh well. I grab the head of the shrimp with [Magic Hand] and cut off a reasonable portion using Mana Edge from my finger.
I get the feeling that this is a pretty wasteful use of my abilities, but I might as well do whatever works.
"Tama's curry is tasty too."
"Nyufufu~, this too~?"
Tama takes a spoonful of the brown crab meat and sticks it out in front of me.
--Ah.
"Arh!"
"Ouch~?"
A pixie comes flying in from the side and crashes into the spoon, causing the meat to fly off.
As I watch it land on the ground with a thud, I feel a chill rush down my back.
Could that be...?
"Tama, what is this?"
"Snail~? Rainy day feast~?"
"I-I see..."
It looks like that pixie just saved me from eating snail.
However, the girls after Tama are still waiting with their plates.
I put on a smile as I head toward the next dish, leaving my fate in their hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment