Featured Post

Death March EX

Translations for all side stories that were included in Vol EX of the light novel. Some of these were also uploaded to the author's blo...

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Lulu's Master

"You lot are going to be brought before a potential buyer. Since you failed to sell at the slave auction, this is your last chance."
The slave trader looks down on us with a scary-looking face.
Before I realized it, I was shaking. Someone else's small hand firmly grasps my hand.
"Don't worry Lulu, I'm with you."
"...Arisa."
I'm a failure as a big sister. I should be the one looking after her.
I resolved in my heart to do better.
We were brought into a room with a black haired young man with a demi-human woman behind him.
He is a kind looking person, who appears to be around my age. When I look at his face, I realize that his features have a slight similarity to those of my mom.
With a surprised expression, he stares at my face.
...Many people have called me ugly, but this is the first time someone has silently stared at me for so long. I thought I was used to it, but it still hurts a bit.
I somehow manage to state my name, but that's the best I can do.
--After all, I'm practically naked in these rags, but the young man doesn't glance at my body even once. His eyes are fixated on my ugly face.
There's no way I can try to sell myself in such an embarrassing situation.
I've already given up. No one will buy me, and I'll be sent to the mines.
"Nidolen-dono, is it okay if I touch?"
"Of course, Satou-dono, do as you wish."
--Eh? Eh? Ehhhhh?
T-t-touch? Where?
At this sudden change of events, I could do nothing by brace myself.
The young man reaches his hand out to me--.
And he lightly caresses my hair.
Very gently, as if he was caressing a lover.
His hand continues downward until it reaches my cheek, and he brings his face closer to mine.
I-is he going to kiss me? Compared to some random worker in the mines, maybe someone around my age would be...
I close my eyes and wait for the moment.
My heart starts beating rapidly, blood rises to my head, and my ears start ringing.
...But the moment never comes.
I feel like I have been waiting an eternity...
The young man whispers some unknown language into my ear. His breath lingers in my ears and my knees start feeling weak.
I notice his presence move away from me, and I open my eyes. He is over there discussing something with the slave trader.
As I glance at his cool and composed face, I feel a bit depressed for some reason.
As if he was disregarding my feelings, the young man walks up to Arisa and whispers the same thing to her.
"Gya! Get it off! I hate spiders!"
I don't understand why, but Arisa's scream was the deciding factor and Master ended up buying both of us.
"Nice to meet you."
"Y-yes... I will serve you to the best of my ability."
That was our first meeting with our kind and strange Master.

No comments:

Post a Comment