Featured Post

Death March EX

Translations for all side stories that were included in Vol EX of the light novel. Some of these were also uploaded to the author's blo...

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Imprisoned Princess

I am Misanaria Bolenan, a foolish elf girl. The adults told me tens of thousands of times not to leave the forest.
But one day, when I was chasing a rainbow colored butterfly, I took a single step outside of the forest's barrier.
The skeletal mage was waiting for me. He controlled the shadows to bind the pixies, and then he took me away.
"--Welcome to my gravestone."
The skeleton said that as he bound me to a chair and started performing a ritual.
I felt strange, like I was connected to something else. Overflowing magic energy begins surging throughout my body.
"Connection to the Cradle--"
The skeleton starts to say something, but I lose consciousness before I can hear him finish.

I don't know how long has past since then.
Every time I open my eyes, the room changes.
When I first got here, the room was nothing more than a desolate field. Now it is as sparkling clean as the village's Council Room.
Initially, I was being taken care of by wooden dolls, but now they are homunculus women with the same face as my mom Ria.
There was only one woman before, but now there are eight. All of them have large chests except one.
"Princess."
"...Not princess."
These women keep calling me 'princess'.
I keep denying it, but they refuse to stop.
"No.5, No.7, intruder detected. We shall intercept them."
"Accepting order from No.1, I report that my mission is updated."
"Accepting order from No.1, I inform that the princess should remain in the safe zone."
The women that talk weirdly have all left.
The skeleton has also gone somewhere.
Right now, I am alone-- I have to escape.
I struggle to remain conscious as I get out of the chair.
Ever since I got here, my body has been sluggish.

Relying on the dim lights in the ground, I progress through the corridor.
I am moving at a snail's pace since I have to lean on the wall to keep my balance.
The pixies would laugh at me if they saw me like this.
As a wooden doll appears on the other side of the corridor, I scramble to hide myself behind a gap in the vines.
A portion of the vines opens up, revealing someone who I've seen before.
"Hm? Child? Are you lost?"
"Dryad?"
"That's right~. I'd love to send you back to the village, but this place isn't connected to the outside."
I had gotten my hopes up, but it was too early...
"Instead, I'll send you close to the exit. You owe me. Don't forget, alright?"
"Nn."
Before I could thank her, I was suddenly teleported to a wide and open space.
I feel sick and the ringing in my ears is getting louder.
[...Misanaria-sama!]
As my consciousness fades away, the last thing I see is a red helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment